Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high.
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda.
- Whisk together the oil, milk, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla and eggs in another bowl.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients while mixer is on low speed mixing until just incorporated. Do not over mix- it’s ok to have some lumps!
- Stir in the dates and toffee.
- Spray pre-heated waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Fill the waffle iron about three-quarters of the way full
- Close the lid and cook until the waffle is golden brown and slightly crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Top with Maple Orange Cream Cheese Icing (recipe here) and a touch of orange zest. Now dig in!