Directions0/0 steps made
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat until it shimmers.
- Add the celery, carrot, and onion to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, hot smoked paprika, cumin, and oregano. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add in the chicken, broth, and tomatoes. Bring to a light boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and lime juice and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Divide soup between bowls and garnish with cilantro, avocado, and tortilla chips and enjoy!
About the Author
Launie Kettler is a food writer and photographer who lives in a suburb of Burlington, VT. She cooks big food in a small kitchen, and her husband and cats are tolerant of the fact that she plays the same Wilco and Son Volt albums over and over while pontificating about the beauty of cumin. Launie is the co-author of The Everything Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook and her recipes have been featured in Where Women Cook, Fresh Magazine, and on Salon. You can follow her adventures on Instagram @teenytinykitchenvt and on her blog at TeenyTinyKitchen.com.