Directions0/0 steps made
- Turn Instant Pot to “sauté” function. When hot, add butter and olive oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. When the pot is pre-heated, add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the ginger, garlic, garam masala, curry powder, cumin, and hot smoked paprika.
- Sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour in the tomatoes and broth. Stir well to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom.
- Turn the machine off and secure the cover. Make sure the valve is set to the “sealing” position.
- Using the manual function, set timer for 7 minutes.
- When the alarm sounds, do a quick release of the steam.
- Turn the Instant Pot back to the “sauté” function.
- Stir in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Divide between bowls, garnish with scallions and cilantro or parsley, and enjoy!
About the Author
Launie Kettler is a food writer and photographer who lives in a suburb of Burlington, VT. She cooks big food in a small kitchen, and her husband and cats are tolerant of the fact that she plays the same Wilco and Son Volt albums over and over while pontificating about the beauty of cumin. Launie is the co-author of The Everything Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook and her recipes have been featured in Where Women Cook, Fresh Magazine, and on Salon. You can follow her adventures on Instagram @teenytinykitchenvt and on her blog at TeenyTinyKitchen.com.