Directions0/0 steps made
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, ketchup, honey, and sesame oil. Reserve.
- Turn Instant Pot to the “sauté” function, and add oil to the pot.
- When hot, add the carrots, Brussels sprouts, and shallots to the pot. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot, and brown for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and deglaze the pan. Drizzle the reserved sauce over the chicken.
- Turn the heat off and put the top on the pot, making sure the valve is set to “sealing.”
- Set the machine to “manual,” and set the timer for 12 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, allow the steam to naturally release for 5 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter.
- Turn the machine back on “sauté” mode.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and cold water. When the liquid in the Instant Pot is boiling, stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- Drizzle the thickened sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
- Serve and enjoy!
About the Author
Launie Kettler is a food writer and photographer who lives in a suburb of Burlington, VT. She cooks big food in a small kitchen, and her husband and cats are tolerant of the fact that she plays the same Wilco and Son Volt albums over and over while pontificating about the beauty of cumin. Launie is the co-author of The Everything Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook and her recipes have been featured in Where Women Cook, Fresh Magazine, and on Salon. You can follow her adventures on Instagram @teenytinykitchenvt and on her blog at TeenyTinyKitchen.com.