Directions0/0 steps made
- Turn the Instant Pot to “sauté.”
- When the machine is at temp, pour in the olive oil.
- When the olive oil is shimmering, add the turkey and season it with salt and pepper. Break up with a slotted spoon and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in the onion, bell pepper, shallot, and jalapeno. Sauté for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, Hungarian paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and hot smoked paprika. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chipotles and tomato paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, beans, and chicken broth, and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom.
- Turn the machine off, and place the lid on, making sure that the valve is set to “sealing.”
- Set the Instant Pot to “manual” for 12 minutes.
- When the alarm sounds, do a quick release.
- Turn the machine off, remove the lid, and turn it back to “sauté” mode.
- Stir in the frozen corn, and cook for 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, lime wedges, cilantro, finely diced onion, and sliced jalapenos.
About the Author
Launie Kettler is a food writer and photographer who lives in a suburb of Burlington, VT. She cooks big food in a small kitchen, and her husband and cats are tolerant of the fact that she plays the same Wilco and Son Volt albums over and over while pontificating about the beauty of cumin. Launie is the co-author of The Everything Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook and her recipes have been featured in Where Women Cook, Fresh Magazine, and on Salon. You can follow her adventures on Instagram @teenytinykitchenvt and on her blog at TeenyTinyKitchen.com.