Directions0/0 steps made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the fettuccine and cook for 12 minutes. Drain, toss with 1 tablespoon of butter, and reserve.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When it shimmers, add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the garlic and shallot to the pan. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the remaining butter, lemon juice, thyme, and lemon zest.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Serve with pasta, and garnish with lemon wedges.
About the Author
Launie Kettler is a food writer and photographer who lives in a suburb of Burlington, VT. She cooks big food in a small kitchen, and her husband and cats are tolerant of the fact that she plays the same Wilco and Son Volt albums over and over while pontificating about the beauty of cumin. Launie is the co-author of The Everything Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook and her recipes have been featured in Where Women Cook, Fresh Magazine, and on Salon. You can follow her adventures on Instagram @teenytinykitchenvt and on her blog at TeenyTinyKitchen.com.