Directions0/0 steps made
- Clean and dry mushrooms. “Pop” the stems off the mushrooms and set aside to use for the stuffing.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, drain skillet and set sausage aside to use for stuffing.
- Finely chop white onion, garlic, and leftover mushroom stems.
- Add olive oil to skillet and sauté onion, garlic, and mushroom stems for 3-5 minutes, until tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese and egg yolk with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Add cooled sausage and onion/garlic/mushroom mixture until fully mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake mushrooms for 25 minutes, until the stuffing begins to slightly brown on the top.