Directions0/0 steps made
- For the sauce tomat, preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium Dutch oven over medium heat, sauté the salt pork until it’s fat renders, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery, seasoning with salt, and sauté for 3 minutes, or until just softened.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, partially cover, and bake for 1½ hours.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then process until smooth using an immersion blender (Note: Before processing, save 1½ cups for this recipe).
- For the Italian herb paleo chicken, melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the oregano, basil, lemon pepper and salt. Stir for 1 minutes.
- Add the sliced chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes on one side until golden brown, then flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce tomat, artichokes, red peppers and broth. Cook for 5 minutes, or until hot. Add basil, oregano, arugula, and serve.
- Happy eating!
About the Author
Launie Kettler is a food writer and photographer who lives in a suburb of Burlington, VT. She cooks big food in a small kitchen, and her husband and cats are tolerant of the fact that she plays the same Wilco and Son Volt albums over and over while pontificating about the beauty of cumin. Launie is the co-author of The Everything Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook and her recipes have been featured in Where Women Cook, Fresh Magazine, and on Salon. You can follow her adventures on Instagram @teenytinykitchenvt and on her blog at TeenyTinyKitchen.com.