Directions0/0 steps made
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat until it simmers.
- Add the celery, potatoes, carrots, and onion to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and turmeric and stir for 1 minute. Add in the tomatoes, broth, oregano, and basil. Stir well.
- Bring to a light boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the spinach and cabbage to the pan and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Divide between bowls, serve and enjoy!
About the Author
Launie Kettler is a food writer and photographer who lives in a suburb of Burlington, VT. She cooks big food in a small kitchen, and her husband and cats are tolerant of the fact that she plays the same Wilco and Son Volt albums over and over while pontificating about the beauty of cumin. Launie is the co-author of The Everything Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook and her recipes have been featured in Where Women Cook, Fresh Magazine, and on Salon. You can follow her adventures on Instagram @teenytinykitchenvt and on her blog at TeenyTinyKitchen.com.