Directions0/0 steps made
- Use kitchen shears to snip off the pointy edges of the bracts.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the stem of the artichoke so it sits flat.
- Add a couple of inches of water to a large pot, then add the artichokes bottom side down.
- For a little extra flavor, add a bay leaf and lemon slice, then bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and bring to a simmer, then cover and cook artichokes for about 30 minutes or until tender (a knife should be able to pierce the bottom with ease).
- Remove the artichokes from the pot and allow to cool.
- While artichokes are cooling, mix the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, agave nectar and fresh lemon juice in a bowl, then serve!