Directions0/0 steps made
- For the pear liqueur, combine 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup water, and 1 halved vanilla bean in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stir well, until the sugar has dissolved. Reserve and let cool. Discard vanilla bean.
- Place the pears in the bottom of a clean jar. Top with cooled simple syrup and vodka.
- Shake well to combine.
- Store in a cool dark place for four days, shaking the jar every day.
- Remove the pears and strain the liqueur through a double folded cheese cloth.
- Store the liqueur out of direct sunlight.
- For the punch, in a large bowl, lightly mash the ice cream. Add the prosecco, ½ cup of the pear liqueur, coconut cream, and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- Garnish with pomegranates or cranberries.
- Enjoy getting lost in the stars!
About the Author
Launie Kettler is a food writer and photographer who lives in a suburb of Burlington, VT. She cooks big food in a small kitchen, and her husband and cats are tolerant of the fact that she plays the same Wilco and Son Volt albums over and over while pontificating about the beauty of cumin. Launie is the co-author of The Everything Mediterranean Slow Cooker Cookbook and her recipes have been featured in Where Women Cook, Fresh Magazine, and on Salon. You can follow her adventures on Instagram @teenytinykitchenvt and on her blog at TeenyTinyKitchen.com.